An enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of sucrose into glucose and fructose. Also called saccharase, sucrase. Invertase is a yeast derived enzyme. Invertase splits sucrose into glucose and fructose. Invertase is mainly used when fructose is present due to it being sweeter and it not crystallizing as easy. A digestive aid that breaks down milk sugars.
BENEFITS OF HAVING ENOUGH INVERTASE
- Promotes digestive health
- Allows nutrients to be absorbed into the bloodstream and used in body functions
- Aids in digestion of sugars
DEFICIENCIES OF INVERTASE MAY LEAD TO
- Increased chance of digestive problems
- Strain on the body to produce more enzymes