(as Potassium Iodide)
Iodine by definition is: grayish-black in color. Seaweed has about a thousand times more iodine than all other foods. When used in the human body it serves as a medical tracer, for thyroid disease diagnosis, and therapy against Goitre. Goitre- abnormally enlarged thyroid gland; can result from under-production or over-production of hormone or from a deficiency of iodine in the diet.
BENEFITS OF HAVING ENOUGH IODINE
- Prevents Goitre
- Controls the basic metabolism and oxygen consumption of tissues
- Regulates the rate of energy production and body weight for proper growth
- Improves mental clarity and promotes healthy hair, nails, skin, and teeth
DEFICIENCIES OF IODINE MAY LEAD TO
- Anemia, fatigue, lethargy
- Slow pulse, low blood pressure
- Tendency towards obesity
- A serious deficiency may result in high blood cholesterol and heart disease
Research into the benefits of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids is developing rapidly. As a result, the information contained on this website (sportformula.com) concerning deficiencies and benefits may not be current and/or correct. Always discuss the use of any vitamin, mineral, or amino acid with your doctor.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.