An essential amino acid that is isomeric with leucine. It is important in human metabolism as an energy-yielding source. It is part of the three branch-chained amino acids along with valine and leucine.
BENEFITS OF HAVING ENOUGH L-ISOLEUCINE
- Helps in the production and maintenance of body proteins
- Promote muscle recovery after physical exercise
- On its own it is needed for the formation of hemoglobin
- As assisting with regulation of blood sugar levels as well as energy levels
DEFICIENCIES OF L-ISOLEUCINE MAY LEAD TO
- Confusion as well as irritability.
Research into the benefits of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids is developing rapidly. As a result, the information contained on this website (sportformula.com) concerning deficiencies and benefits may not be current and/or correct. Always discuss the use of any vitamin, mineral, or amino acid with your doctor.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.