An essential amino acid that is isomeric with leucine. It is important in human metabolism as an energy-yielding source. It is part of the three branch-chained amino acids along with valine and leucine.
BENEFITS OF HAVING ENOUGH L-GLUTAMIC ACID
- Helps in the production and maintenance of body proteins
- Promote muscle recovery after physical exercise
- On its own it is needed for the formation of hemoglobin
- As assisting with regulation of blood sugar levels as well as energy levels
DEFICIENCIES OF L-GLUTAMIC ACID MAY LEAD TOO
- Confusion as well as irritability.