(as Potassium Citrate)
Potassium is an important type of electrolyte needed during strenuous activity and normal body function. More Specifically, Potassium is a MINERAL that your body needs to work properly. Potassium helps your nerves to function and muscles to contract. It helps your heartbeat stay regular. It also helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells. A diet rich in potassium helps to offset some of sodium’s harmful effects on blood pressure. You need Potassium to avoid cramping when your pushing your body hard during cardio work outs that involve your fast twitch muscle action.
BENEFITS OF HAVING ENOUGH POTASSIUM
- Maintains a proper acid-alkaline balance in the blood and tissues
- Essential for muscle contraction, especially for maintaining a normal heartbeat
- Helps the kidneys in detoxification of blood
- Assists in reduction of high blood pressure
- Helps overcome fatigue
DEFICIENCIES OF POTASSIUM MAY LEAD TO
- Body fatigue
- Palpitations of the heart
- Cloudiness of the mind
- Excessive perspiration of hands and feet
- May also lead to slow healing of ulcers and fractures
Research into the benefits of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids is developing rapidly. As a result, the information contained on this website (sportformula.com) concerning deficiencies and benefits may not be current and/or correct. Always discuss the use of any vitamin, mineral, or amino acid with your doctor.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.