(as Calcium Ascorbates)
Vitamin C, also called ascorbic acid is defined as; a water soluble, white crystalline vitamin found in citrus fruits, tomatoes, potatoes and leafy green vegetables. Used in the prevention and treatment of scurvy and is a natural antioxidant for foods.
BENEFITS OF HAVING ENOUGH VITAMIN C
- The formation of strong collagen around the cell (the cell wall-what holds a cell together). This is important for resisting infections.
- It protects the body from harmful toxic chemicals found in processed food and in the environment and tap water.
- Promotes healing and health in the whole body and guards the body from the harmful effects of mental and physical stress by helping the adrenal and thyroid glands work properly.
- Helps to keep the skin clear and provide a fresh complexion along with healthy gums and teeth.
- Provides endurance, vitality, strength, and energy.
DEFICIENCIES OF VITAMIN C MAY LEAD TO
- Weak, bleeding gums and bad breath.
- An overall weakening of cell structure in the body leaving it susceptible to infections and sickness, with prolonged recovery periods.
- Capillary weakness resulting in weak skin and bleeding under the skin or the appearance of bruises from broken capillaries.
- Early signs of aging and fatigue with muscular pains.Insufficient thyroid function, and anorexia.