Vitamin D-3, also called Cholecalciferol is defined as; A colorless crystalline compound found in fish-liver oils, irradiated milk, and all irradiated animal foodstuffs. It has essentially the same biological activity as vitamin D2. (Foodstuff is defined as; a substance that can be used or prepared to be used as food.)
BENEFITS OF HAVING ENOUGH VITAMIN D-3
- Helps to prevent Rickets, which effects bone formation in children and the utilization of calcium in all its functions.
- It helps assimilate calcium and other minerals in the digestive tract.
- Helps parathyroid glands function properly.
- Helps pregnant women’s unborn children’s teeth and bones to calcify properly.
- Helps in avoiding retardation in unborn children.
DEFICIENCIES OF VITAMIN D-3 MAY LEAD TO
- Tooth decay, pyorrhea.
- Brittle or soft bones.
- Retarded growth, and poor bone formation in children.
- Muscular weakness and lack of vigor.
- Deficient assimilation of minerals.
- Premature aging.